Monday 7 January 2013

Sods law

Welcome back to reality, finally an end to Christmas.

The club started back on Saturday 5th January for anyone who is still unsure, but I recommend looking at the Nokemono website to check current sessions and the like, due to the sports hall refurbishment.

Great session on Saturday.....  off I went down to the hall feeling full of new year high expectations and enthusiasm. 

And..................... yep, you guessed it.  Injured again.  I don't care whether you are in to fatalism or existentialism, but sometimes it just feels like sods law.  Just as I was feeling optimistic and that I might get somewhere this year, I have broken 4 separate bones in my foot, due to a collision with Lisa's shin.

If Lisa reads this, I'm very sorry about the sweep, and your shin, but if it's any conciliation, I think my foot has come off worse.

6 Weeks off now which is a shame as I was hoping to grade soon and start my attempts at becoming a Dan grade but it will have to wait.

As a side note the class was good and it was nice to see so many Judoka turn up for the first session of the year.

For those of you who attend Nokemono, can I take the opportunity to advertise here, Pete's personal tuition.  If you feel that personal tuition with Pete can take your Judo one step further then he is offering a 4 week course.  There is a cost for this, but if you are interested, please put your name down at the club, and all enquiries will be dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment