Thursday 8 August 2013

Back injury

As you all may have guessed by now, from previous posts, I am no longer the spring chicken that I used to be.  With a variety of injuries coming in various forms, and taking longer to recover each time, it's become a serious hamper to my aspirations of achieving my Dan grade.

This time, luckily, it wasn't Judo related so I could get away with it at work and with the wife.

I made the judgemental error of bending over in the garden to pick something up off the floor, and 'bang' my legs went from underneath me.

It subsequently transpired that I had bulged a disc in my lower back which in turn had pressed against the nerves etc.

This left me in a state of pain, I can honestly say I haven't experienced before.  After a week of laying in bed unable to move, on a diet of morphine and diazepam, I finally managed to get taken to the Chiropractors, who after several (expensive) visits, have got me moving again.

I don't envisage much Judo over the next couple of weeks, as I still have to be careful about picking things up or turning awkwardly.  Hopefully I can return to light training soon.

When I did manage to visit the club last Wednesday, there was a 'Get Well Soon' card waiting for me signed by several members.

I was extremely pleased to receive this, at a time when I was starting to feel quite down about the whole affair, it managed to lift my spirits.

I would therefore like to take the opportunity to thank both the club and all of the members who took time to write in the card, it was very much appreciated. 

Hopefully I will be back on the mat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment